Monday, October 3, 2011

Waffles

This is a favourite in our house. We often have waffles for dinner on a Sunday, and it's my go to breakfast when we have overnight company.

DSC_5031

Waffles

3/4 cup white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (I use less)
1/2 tsp of your favourite spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, I use Epicure's Gingerbread Spice)
2 beaten eggs
1.5 cups milk
1/4 cup melted butter

Mix dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together and add to the dry ingredients, beating until just smooth. Pour into waffle iron. Makes 3 - 9" waffles or 6 - 7" waffles.

I usually double this recipe, as you can freeze the waffles, or grab as a snack cool later. The spice is my own addition to the original recipe, as is splitting the flour between white and whole wheat. I've tried all whole wheat, but find it's tastier with a blend.

We almost always serve with berries and syrup over top.

No comments:

Post a Comment