Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Caramel Rice Krispie Squares

P1010229

This recipe I had for the first time at Easter, at a wedding. A friend made these for the dessert bar at the wedding, and somehow we ended up bringing an entire tray of them home after the wedding.

I almost didn't get a chance to photograph these, as they went that fast! First we sampled them, then sampled some more... then I cut most of them up to send to my husband's office (cause I know I wouldn't be able to resist them sitting in the kitchen). There was 2 left, and I ate one and this one was intended for my 3 year old... I only remembered to photograph hers before she ate it.

Caramel Rice Krispie Squares


Make 1 batch of rice krispie squares:

-bag of marshmallows
-1/4 cup butter

Melt in large pot
-1 tsp vanilla
-6 cups rice krispies (I use about 5.5 cups, makes them a little more gooey)

Press into large pan.

Centre:
2-3 bags of caramels
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butter

Melt in small pot, pour over first layer of rice krispies.

Make a 2nd batch of the above rice krispies and press into pan on top of caramel. Let them set up.

So yummy, and gooey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment