Friday, September 30, 2011

Whole Chicken in the Crock Pot

I stumbled on this blog post within days of buying a couple whole chickens on sale:


First, for those that know me, you know I pretty much only cook boneless, skinless meats.. usually from frozen... so it was a big step to buy the chickens in the first place, but this looked way too easy.

The blogpost above is just simple instructions... (here's a direct link to the post: http://eatathomecooks.com/2010/04/whole-chicken-in-the-slow-cooker.html) She also offers suggestions on seasonings and recipes for the left overs.

P1010086 (Forgot to take picture til I had already started serving it up)

P1010089

Whole Chicken in the Slow Cooker

Place the cleaned chicken breast side up in the crockpot. Cook on high for 6-8 hours.

I added some Mrs Dash for seasoning and just a little bit of salt. I also added 2.5 cups of water so that I could make some broth at the same time for soup.

It was an easy way to cook a chicken.. I thought it was nice and moist and pretty good.

One issue I had with this was the meat just falls off the bone (which is good), making it impossible to get the chicken out of the crockpot for serving. I ended up just pulling chunks off while it remained in the crockpot.

This method is super easy, so very likely I'll do it again once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment