Monday, September 26, 2011

Broccoli Salad


JDS_7822


Broccoli Salad

1 head of broccoli, chopped to bite size pieces
2-3 green onions, chopped
couple handfuls of craisins
handful sunflower seeds

Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise (I use miracle whip)
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar

Combine all the ingredients, mix up dressing separately, pour over broccoli mixture and mix all together. Refrigerate for a couple hours before serving.

Love this salad in the summer. I never measure the ingredients and it's very flexible on additions. I know some people that use grapes instead of craisins, others that add bacon pieces, and even others that add peppers. This just reflects how I make it, and the things I like in it. I've added cauliflower and celery on occaision as well on occasion. Always a big seller at BBQ's and potlucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment