Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Supreme Green Spaghetti

This is one of our favourite vegetarian recipes. I don't make it very often, but every once in a while we make it up. It's a quick and easy recipe, great for the end of a busy day... only about 15 min from start to finish.

JDS_7190

Supreme Green Spaghetti

16 oz uncooked spaghetti
1 pound frozen chopped spinach
1/2 cup skim milk
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
salt to taste
pine nuts
grated parmesan cheese

Prepare the pasta according to the package directions; drain. Meanwhile, microwave the frozen spinach to thaw and cook, about 4 minutes on high power. Transfer to a blender and add the milk, garlic, butter, and salt. Puree. Pour the sauce over the hot pasta. Toss and sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese.


This recipe was passed on to me by my cousin. She's a vegetarian and served it for us one time when we visited. It's delicious....

So good some elect to not to use a fork....
JDS_7197

Finger lickin' good.....
JDS_7210

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I made that last weekend too :) I threw in chicken sausage with spinach & feta, because I didn't have any pine nuts, and substituted chicken broth for milk, because I didn't have any of that either! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this for a St. Patrick's Day potluck with bow tie pasta. Kids loved the "Leprachaun Bowties" and the parent's really liked it too (not just for the nutrition of eating spinach either)! I did make it dairy free using Almond Milk and everyone else just added grated Parmesan to their plates.

    ReplyDelete